Trees will be grown in the size container that best suits the species. Many species are available in multiple sizes. If you want your trees grown in a specific size container, please contact us for contract growing. Trees are sold extracted from the container.
Contract and Custom Growing
Contract growing involves growing a specified number of trees in a specified container for you, from our seed. Minimum order for contract growing is 5,000 plants for 2a - Styro 10, and 2,500 plants for Styro 20, and ABP pots. Any variety we currently grow is eligible for contract growing.
Custom Growing involves growing your seed in a specified container. As we have no control over the seed quality or germination, there is no guarantee on numbers of finished plants. Minimum seed lot for custom growing is 10,000 seedlings.
Itasca Greenhouse will no longer be directly involved in promotional seedlings. Our subsidiary company, The Greenworld Project will be handling all of this as they are currently set up to do specifically that. The Greenworld Project will continue to provide trees from Itasca Greenhouse and carry the same products and services that we have carried in the past, along with a wider variety of products that are suitable for many different applications. You may visit that website to view products and pricing at www.greenworldproject.net.
Terms and Conditions
General | Shipping | Pickup
|For over 30 years Itasca Greenhouse has provided high quality containerized tree seedlings and friendly, courteous service. To continue this fine tradition of providing accurate, efficient service to all our customers, please take a moment to read the following terms and sales information:
- Price levels are based on the number of seedlings of each size & species ordered.
- Trees are sold in bundle quantities.
- Heights of seedlings will depend on species, container size, and age of trees.
- Orders are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Minimum order of $150 (tree total only). Orders less than $500 must be paid in full at time of order. Orders over $500 require a 25% non-refundable deposit at the time of order. Product will not be reserved until payment is received.
- Final invoices will be sent 4-6 weeks before ship date. Payment must be received at least 5 days before ship date. If payment not received, order may be delayed, or cancelled and deposit will be forfeited.
- For customers who qualify for credit, terms are net 30 days from shipping. Past due accounts will be charged 1.5% interest per month.
- Orders are subject to crop conditions. Itasca Greenhouse is not responsible for crop losses due to fire, hail, frost, drought and inventory error, or any other conditions beyond our control. Unless specified, Itasca Greenhouse will make a container size subtitution if needed.
- Please make any changes on your order at least 30 days prior to your ship date. If your order is cancelled, your deposit will be forfeited.
- Additional volume discounts (discount is applied to trees only, shipping and boxing charged at cost)
- $3,500 - $5,000 - 3%
- $5,001 - $15,000 - 5%
- $15,001 - $25,000 - 7%
- $25,000+ - 10%
Back to top
- Orders are sent out on Mondays. This is to ensure the maximum amount of time for delivery so that trees do not sit in a warehouse over the weekend.
- We will make every attempt to ship your order to arrive during your requested shipping week.
- Estimated shipping boxing will be stated on order confirmation. Difference for actual shipping charge will be billed or refunded appropriately with order.
Back to top
- Designated pick-up times are Tuesday-Friday, 8am - 4pm
- Please call to schedule you pickup date at least 2 weeks in advance. We are unable to make changes to your order on pickup date.
- Please ensure that you have the appropriate space and tarps/ropes to secure and protect your load.
Back to top