Some Advantages of Containerized Tree Seedlings
- Roots planted in soil plug, essentially undisturbed, so there's no planting check (reduced growth).
- Longer planting season - essentially from Spring frost out to early Fall, most sites, most years.
- Survival rates are high, as the containerized seedlings handle poor planting techniques, rough sites, and dry weather conditions better.
- Flexibility of having durable planting stock that can be planted into the Summer for planting on sites not ready in the Spring.
- Seed utilization is high, producing more usable seedlings from the same amount of seed.
- We can respond to your needs rapidly as our growing cycle is usually only 4 to 8 months.
Back to top